what are the pros and cons of castor oil?

thats the last thing on my list to try im 2cm and ready to have this baby.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There is no "pro" to it. Only cons. Just don't do it, please, for the sake of your baby. You may be soooo ready, but obviously baby is not.
    Anonymous

• There is no pros execpt you will clean you out. Cons it will clean you out. It will not make you go into labor. it will make you shit.

Answer by louise2 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would advise against it, it's an old wives tale. It can gice you severe stomach upset causing you to become dehydrated and quite ill so don't do it!!
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• well I've taken castor oil every pregnancy. It worked with my first. With my second I drank a whole bottle and it didnt work, and with my 3rd I had 2 bottles and it didnt work, didnt even give me diahrea. so no pros. The cons are diahrea, and worthless. just wait until your baby comes, cuz it will come!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• SabrenaLeigh, with your first pregnancy you probably where already in labor when you took it. That is why you thought it worked. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Well, it *might* be a pro for the mom if it works, but that is not a pro for the baby or the mother's body...

I encourage you to respect the reason you are still pregnant: baby & body say that it's not yet Time.
    ;-)
    You can stop getting your cervix checked, work on coping techniques and confidence, get distracted so you can be patient.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• ooops!
    There are cons, too--
    (Severe) dehydration leads to other complications which imo just aren't worth it---
    If you can avoid adding unnecessary risks it would be safer.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• yeah, I'm sure I was too
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• DON'T TAKE IT! That baby will come when that baby is ready!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i've heard not only will it make you poop and poop and poop, but it could make the baby poop in utero which is dangerous. some people take it and do get contractions but get the shits at the same time...does NOT sound like fun lol. I know your eager, but let nature take its course
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2010