What do you keep in your car at all times for your kids?

If something were to happen on the road (broke down, stuck somewhere longer than expected, injury, ect.) what items do you keep in your vehicle for your kids? Or even items you just keep in there in case they're needed? (Example: I keep bug spray in case we decide to stop somewhere we would need it.)

montanagal2005

Asked by montanagal2005 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have a back pack with canned food that opens with the tab on top. I have granola bars and bottled water, medical supplies, and plastic bags to put around our feet incase we have to walk in the snow.
    I also have sun screen, wipes, tissues, and rubber gloves.
    In the winter I have a blanket.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I have a 1st aid kit, a blanket & an empty butter tub just in case of car sickness! (My kids are older so no need for rations!)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Bug spray, 1st aid kit, sunscreen, blankets, tool kit, garbage bags, and a few bags of soup crackers
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 5:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Blanket, toys, baby wipes, sunscreen.

I am better prepared when we leave the city.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• anumal crackers and a few toys
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Napkins
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I always have several things in my little cargo thing in the back. A first aid kit, an extra jacket or sweater, a blanket, plastic bags and paper towels in case someone gets sick in the car, and he usually takes a toy or book in the car.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• it seems like I have a mini-store in my car, I have crackers, juices, candy, granola bars or anything they like, especially when I am planning to go shopping. I make sure I take the bag with goodies at ALL times.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Really, nothing now.  We used to keep extra diapers and wipes when they were little and they would usually leave a sweatshirt in there because they'd forget to bring it in.  But right now there is nothing in there.  We have a pick up and there isn't room to store stuff.  Everything gets stepped on.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Nothing, really. Maybe toys to keep her occupied. We also have one of those car dvd players.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2010