Isn't it weird that right before an election, gun sales go up?

Do you think it's because people are afraid that while Democrats are busy giving away rights to every left wing crazy thing that they are afraid they might be trying to think of ways to take away our second ammendment rights. Of course they don't what the Baby loving, Jesus loving freaks toting guns. Ha Ha Ha

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Lmao.. NE how I noticed gas is going down too right after the bailout and boom right before the election its gone down over a dollar...
    darkpoetess

Answer by darkpoetess at 6:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• just wait til the election is over. gas will prob go wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaayyy up again
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 6:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• When you have and oil man in office, it only stands to reason he would tell his buddies to tame it down on the oil price around election, especially when he knows he went to far, with the economy.

Far as guns and being worried about dem. taking them, that is silly. To much money is in guns and accessories. Look at how many hunting license are sold each year. Its like cigs, and drinking, big money. The rich would stop that in a heart beat.
    Anonymous

• Is this a real concern? Gun sales have increased because of the martial law orders that Bush has been preparing. I'm a liberal, but I'm also a gun owner. Obama is not going to take our guns away, no matter what chain emails may tell you. He may want stronger penalties for those who disobey gun laws..he might want to ensure every gun owner CONTINUES to be licensed, but most of us responsible gun owners agree with him. Take a gander at the number of NRA members who have pledged their support to him, and you'll see what I mean..

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 6:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• We have had much larger gun sales in VA but it is because our laws are lax...you can go and buy a gun without a license and you can carry without one too. Just have to have a license for concealed carry, but as long as your gun is out in the open you need no documents to show you are allowed to have one. I'm probably going to buy a gun before too much longer because I've been wanting to get one and I think if Obama gets in he will make it almost impossible to buy one. I'm a law abiding citizen and I have never has so muchas a speeding ticket but I also live out in the country and am alone alot of the time and would like protection. Yes I'm going to buy a gun before all is said and done with because I'll be damned if Obama tells me that I don't have a right to even though I've never done a thing wrong to show I don't deserve that right.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 7:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Obama once said that we do NOT have the right to defend our homes by force. And yess he IS strongly against guns. I'm a gun owner too. I live in the country. If you take guns away from the average person who will be left with them? The no-good-theif that will start coming out into the country instead of staying in the city's because we won't be able to defend ourselfs. We won't be able to defend our animals from other animals. I mean it is OUR RIGHT. why take it away.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• all I can say is that i dont care who is in office if someone breaks in my house they will have a 12 gauge shotgun after them
    Anonymous