im 2 months pregnant and i smoke..how can i stop

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• cut back by 1 everyday until you're down to 0

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Just stop for the health of your baby. When you have a child with asthma and alergies I don't want you on here asking questions. Just stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 5:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I went from almost 2 packs a day and quit cold turkey the day i found out.. time to time i still want one.. and i got my bf to "stop" but sometimes he will bum some off of friends. or have one when STRESSED beyond stressed... its hard but do it for the babes :)
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 5:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• When I found out I was pregnant, I just stopped, cold turkey, for the health of my baby. I bought a huge bag of dum dum lollipops from Walmart, and every time I felt like I needed a cig, I put one of those in my mouth/hand instead. It helped, but I wont lie, it was tough. You just have to resolve yourself to do it.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 5:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• You could try chewing gum or mints it works for SOME people.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i smoked for over 30 years. i've been smoke free for 16 months. there was a (FREE) counselor at my local hospital that helped me a lot! try looking up support to quit in your area because its a lot easier w/help. what finally worked for me? every time i thought of a reason to quit or something i'd rather spend the money on i wrote it on a post-it or little note & stuck it to the wall. pretty soon i had little notes in my car, on bathroom wall, on kitchen walls, etc. After a few weeks i really wanted to quit & finally i just did it. ask your dr. before you try cold-turkey because if you smoke a lot you could get pretty sick.
    QueenKathair

Answer by QueenKathair at 6:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• In my experience, gradually is best.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Im not pregnant but I bought an electric cigarette at the tobacco store the other day. I was smoking a pack or more a day and now Im down to 3 a day. I even skipped my morning cig today. I got this thing on Thursday.
    MegClayton

Answer by MegClayton at 8:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Do NOT quit cold turkey, not good for the baby. Ask your OB/GYN or doctor for help. I agree with cutting back day by day. The reason it is not good for the baby is because the baby already has nicotine in it's system and if you quit cold turkey so does the baby. Be careful.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I am having my 5th and have never completely quit with any of them! It ist the best choice for mr, due to axiety, heart issues, and stress! I limit the amount!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010