How soon before the party do the invites go out? And how much time should I allow for the party itself?

My SS birthday is soon. I want to get the invitations now so I can hand them out next week at the school to the parents. How soon is too soon and how late is too late? Also, it will be about 4 seven year olds doing some games, cakes, pizza and gifts. How much time should I allow for the party? I don't want to still be eating cake when the parents arrive, but I don't want to have all this time to "fill" either.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i GIVE THEM OUT ABOUT 2 WEEKS BEFORE HAND AND THE PARTY IS USUALLY ABOUT 2.5-3 HOURS.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 6:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I have always sent out invites 2 weeks prior. I allow 2 hours for the party. The first hour for games/bowling etc... The second hour for cake/food/gifts.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 6:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Last year the party didn't pan out because he was so indecisive about whether he wanted one or who he wanted to invite. Before that, we just had family and friends that brought their children so I have never really done a birthday party before. Thanks ladies.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2008