STD question

My friend, I will call her Ann, just called me FREAKING out. She thinks she might have herpes. I looked up some info for her, she said the rash doesn't look the same, but she is still freaking out. I told her to go to her doctor and be tested. I think it is just a rash is a bad spot (in the crease of her leg and pubic area) and she is a bigger girl who get rashes all the time! (You say the word poison ivy and she breaks out.)

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 6:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Health

• If its herpes it will hurt really bad and have blisters. Its a kind of rash but not. If shes a big girl and thats a moist,dark area that rubs, it could be a case of chaffing. or jock itch. Harpies will return systematically. Has she been sexually active? If so with who. Id check to see if they had the same rash. Id avoid contact with any one. Wash with mild soap and water and put powder there to keep the area from rubbing and dry. She can also go to the health clinic. Its free and confidential to have tests done. Tell her not to worry until she is told to worry. And I also suggest if she is sexually active be choosier of her up close and personal friends that she shares with. you know what I mean. Good luck to your friend.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 6:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• People who are heavier set, with their thighs rubbing against each other, tend to get rashes more often the those who aren't overweight. I'm considered overweight and I've gotten rashes. I have large boobs and get rashes underneath them all the time from friction and sweat.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I forgot to ask my question. What do you think, rash or herpes?
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Are there blisters?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• that could be more of a rash or yeast infection, rather than herpes, but it doesn't hurt to be checked out.
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 6:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• She said there were no blisters. Just "a red raised patchy rash."
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• With herpes, often the skin will break and crack. Either way, she should go get seen for an appropriate treatment.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yeah, if there's no blistering/breaking skin...odds are good it's just a rash.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 10:39 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Sounds like a rash. Did she, uh, want you to take a look?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Sounds like it may be just a rash. I sure hope that is all it is.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2010