hips spreading?

Ok So i'm almost 38 weeks... and I had the worst pain ever! i just want to know if it is my hips spreading.... I know it's not contractions because it's been like 45 minutes since it happened. But i had INTENSE pain that radiated between my hips and i could feel it in my tail bone also. Before i got pregnant my hips were only 36 inches... so kinda small. :) So is that what this pain is? Just my hips widening while my baby is pushing lower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am an RN.... that pain could be several things..... generally your hips dont spread all at once so it wouldn't cause r pain like that.... you could be having braxton hicks contractions.... or it could be ur baby dropping which is causing u this pain.... if you hips were spreading like that you would also fell a lot of pain between ur legs... also since you are that fare along it could be the ligament in ur tummy stretching which causes a lot of pain.... hope this helps
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 6:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2008