35 and TTC 2nd child....13 years later...

I am 35 and newly married and we are ready to expand our family. My only child is 12 and obviously I have been on BC all that time. I just recently stopped my pill but I am now worried that since I have been on it so long, i may have a hard time getting pregnant and I dont want to wait too long before giving up if nothing happens. I bought a OPK and started my first test this morning (which was negative). I am also not sure when my last period was since i spotted the week before it was supposed to come. Then on my actual day to start(Oct 30)..nothing happened. Anyone used an OPK and got pregnant the first month?? I guess im just antsy about it happening quickly!! Plus, we have been having sex every other day (he sure doesnt mind!!)

lybra975

Asked by lybra975 at 6:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i would say just try!! gl and lots of baby dust to you and congrats!!
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Just keep trying, and try not to stress over it (stress can suppress ovulation). Every other day is perfect. If you haven't conceived after 6 months, go see a fertility specialist. At 35, as you may know, you are considered "Advanged Maternal Age," or AMA. When you're AMA, they want you to come in after 6 months instead of a year. Hopefully, you won't need that! Sending baby dust your way!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It can take awhile for your body to realize it is no longer on birth control. When i tried to get pregnant with my 2nd baby I thought I was infertile and went to the DR. and he said it can take up to 6 months for a body to realize it is no longer on the pill. So it did take 6 months..then the 3rd took 5 months, 11 years later i tried again for a 4th at age 35 and it took 4 months of doing it 3 times a day. What worked the last time was when i had that gooey discharge you know it gets gooey/sticky/elastic like...that is the moment you want to have sex...I was told this by another Dr. and it worked!
    Anonymous

• Thanks! So far it has been like the Sahara desert ..even after doing the "deed". Guess using the finger test and the OPK will do the trick...I hope ;P
    lybra975

Comment by lybra975 (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2010