TMI

Since I have found out that I was pregnant, my girl parts have been smelling... well, unpleasant. I am wondering if I have an infection, and will be speaking you my doc at my appointment on the 17th. Is it normal in pregnancy for the hormones to change the way you smell? I have had no abnormal discharge.

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 6:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My bits got sour. DH hated it! But it's worth having your midwife/doc check when you go to your first appointment. Be on the lookout for cottage-cheesy discharge and/or a fishy smell and/or itchiness. Those are signs of a yeast infection, which is extremely common among pregnant women (thanks to all the extra dischargy wetness we get over the course of pregnancy). Luckily, those can easily be treated with OTC stuff, any of which are fine, just be sure to use a 7 day course, because then less goes to the baby.
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• yes everyone of mine has changed mine and i noticed....i just think its part of being pregnant GL
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 6:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Get it checked, it may be the start of an in fection but on the other hand, those bits do change, another lovely part of pregnancy :)
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 4:05 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• only during pregnancy did a yeast infection actually had a smell..weird i know.
    lsa0919

Answer by lsa0919 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2010