Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I need help with this child support crap

I recieved a letter stating that they are going to take my liecence. :*( Im not a dead beat mom in the least. I just got let go from a job in july and dont make nearly as much now. i went from 35+hrs a week to 25 hrs every two. im trying. I had to take my car off the road cause I can pay it either. I printed out the modification packet and have NO idea what to do. I dont have a laywer.. and its 75 a week they want. but i make maybe that a week. I cant feed my son when he comes over for the weekend cause im paying bills and what i can for child support. im afraid to ask his heartless father to have it stopped cause in the past he says he cant yet i KNOW HE CAN. he makes sooo much more money then i do. knows im struggling and yet does not care. well in the best interest of my son, i need help cause i can do more for him by not paying it even tho it sounds selfish of me... getting further behind I cant catch up

Answer Question

Asked by mommyoftristan at 6:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 16 (2,903 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Ohhh boy! You should read this blog called '' not to scare you, but the economy is horrible but the judicial system doesn't care. Call your attorney. Dont go unrepresented. Good Luck sweetie.

    Answer by lacyjones at 6:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • in the modification paperwork, does it ask how much you are making? i'd get that filled out quickly and see if you can get a reduction in child support... they can only take a percentage of the money you make a month and can't take your whole paycheck...

    Answer by babymar at 6:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • its 50 pages long.. it has 123 total, but from what i went over its only 50 long. I dont have an attrny. Legal aid is useless to me. :(, my pay was 199 for two week. i use to bring home 280 a week. directly taken from my check. but now. im screwed.. i am not the brightest so im afraid ill mess up on the papers.. im lookin to find anyone that knows anyone that may be able to help just out of kindness. i dont want to be pregnant and in jail cause of the hearltess court system... who sit at home worry free..

    Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • They legally cannot take your whole paycheck only a certain percent like said above so your best best is to find information online how to fix this. If its done throught the Attorney General office you should be able to just call and speak with someone and they should be able to fix it.

    Answer by bhoward87 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • All you need to do is file a modification. Explain under the part that asks why you want it that you aren't making as much. Once you started making less money you can do that.

    Answer by JLS2388 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.