should I let her.....

stay outside or try to chase her down and bring her in? MY DOG, THAT IS..lol Stupid idiot ran out and every time I try to get her inside, she takes off running...it's going to be below freezing before the morning time and I want her to come in....I just don't want to have to try to catch her goofy butt.

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pets

• Her goofy butt will some home when it gets cold. lol. Does she dart out or something? I HATE that. My cats do it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• haha my dog does the same thing wen he gets out
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• she does sometimes....idk what her deal is, when she comes in she'll lay down in front of the fireplace lol but i hate to tell her, she's getting a bath before she can enjoy the fire, she was rolling in God knows what just now
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I have a Aussie/Heeler Mix that gets out of gate and it drives me nuts and she runs when you try to catch her so I can relate but def go get your dog if its not used to being outside in the cold and does not have a place to be to keep warm it could die.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would not chase her because all that does is teach her when you say come that it is a game of chase. When I have had a dog get lose I will act as silly as possible (and yes I am sure my neughbors have thought I was nuts) run the oppisite way or lay on the ground and wait for them to come and investigate have really enticing treats with you so that you can distract her when you try to get her coller. Then I would start putting some serious work into her recall so that this won't happen anymore. I'd also work on the door darting.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• well..she came to the door scratching, she finally got too cold lol now she's had a warm bath and is in front of the fire on her bed, fast asleep :) thanks everyone
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Nov. 6, 2010