can doing jumping jacks hurt the baby at 38 weeks pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't think it would hurt the baby but it may hurt you... As your big belly bouncing my hurt or make you sore. I would try something liek squats, 1-2 pound weights, walking or swimming.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I agree with But Mommie. Baby will be fine, but I can't imagine them feeling very good for you, between belly, boobs, cervix, bladder.... If your body tells you it's okay, go for it, but STOP if anything hurts.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yes, it can hurt you and the baby. Jumping drives the baby down in to your pelvic area. If the baby has turned then the pressure of carrying the baby is on its head...not good. If the baby has not turned then the pressure is on the babys feet & legs, still not good. Ant the pressure of the baby being that low causes a lot of pain and discomfort on you to carry all that weight on you pelvic bone. triple not good. Please dont jump. :-)
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 6:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• No, not unless you're jumping 3 feet in the air. However, it could cause you some serious distress, torn ligaments, pulled muscles, etc. It also depends on what your fitness level was before, and through the entire pregnancy. I used to ride my bike, skate, and go running with my 2nd- until the week I birthed him.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't do it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• no lol it wont hurt the baby but maybe not recommended.. the baby mights get dizsy..lol it might make you sick
    danielle_hanna

Answer by danielle_hanna at 7:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• If they tell you not to ride a bike while you are pregnant, I would not advise jumping jacks.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 7:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I dont know but I am 38wk6d and I couldnt imagine even wanting to them.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2010