bloody show question adult content

i woke up this morning and went pee and when i wiped i noticed blood, i called my doctor and he told me that it was just the bloody show, but I haven't noticed anything since other then a little more discharge. Is this normal? when you have the bloody show do you bleed till u have baby?

I'm 36 weeks.

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 6:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, it may just mean that you're starting to dilate (no need to panic, some women dilate months before they deliver), or your mucus plug could be getting ready to make its exit (again, not a sign of imminent labor). I doubt you'll bleed from now until delivery. That's very uncommon.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• nope.. it just what happens when your body is getting ready to have the baby.. dont worry its what suppose to happen
    danielle_hanna

Answer by danielle_hanna at 7:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Nope. You are all good. I would like to reiterate what the two ladies before me have said!
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 7:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Not necessarily. "Bloody show" is just the mucus plug, so you'll only spot like that until the plug is gone. At which point you might have the baby, or you might not for another 4-6 weeks.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2010