What is a good house cleaning schedule?

I am not one that can clean house for hours on end. I need to divide up the work and do a little at a time. Does anyone have a good house cleaning schedule that breaks up the chores over the course of the week? I am domestically challenged, so something very detailed and straight forward would be good.

maestramommy

Asked by maestramommy at 6:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Home & Garden

• msg me with your email and ill send you an easy schedule! :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Instead of an email I typed this real quick! :)

Hi! This is what works for me. I hope you can benefit from it! :) Just 2 steps! lol

Dusting and vacuuming can be done ANYTIME throughout the course of your day. Whenever my daughter is eating or watching TV that’s when I do those little things. I even will let her help me by giving her a clean dust rag. She loves it!
    When it comes to the kitchen and bathroom I pick a specific day. Wednesday is my day. In the morning when my daughter is either eating or playing I clean the bathroom. Then I get a bucket of bleach and soapy hot water and clean the counters in the kitchen as well as the appliances. Then I sweep both the bathroom and kitchen. While she is napping I mop both the bathroom and kitchen.

It’s as simple as that! When you have a schedule things def get done quickly and on time! Good Luck! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I clean for one hour every day, MAYBE 2 when I have a day off if I feel that ambitious. I set the kitchen timer and I actually get more done in that time than you think is possible. I can get a load of laundry through the wash and into the dryer, I can do a sink of dishes, sweep the kitchen and bathrooms, vacuum the living room, "pick up" quite a bit, and then I try to spend at least 15 mins of that hour "targeting" a different room...on the kitchen day I will try to get the stove cleaned and the floors mopped, on bathroom days I will scrub the toilet, sink and tub...you can get a lot done, and after that hour is up I don't think about cleaning again til the next day. Its a relief.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• www.flylady.com I don't have one for you but the flylady does!
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Divide the rooms into one for each day of the week and just rotate.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• next to flylady.com there is also a site on here that is really good and motivating www.cafemom.com/group/CEOs
    alangel17

Answer by alangel17 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Well my typical day for this week went like this..

I wake up at around 7:00am and get my boys clothes ready and then my husband gets up shortly after and while i make him breakfast he has a shower gets ready so,so. And then around 8:00am my youngest wakes up and i get him dressed put him in his chair while i make his breakfast and bottle when that is being done i usually wake my other boys up around 9:00am then get Dylan changed while Jake gets ready and then by the time they get downstairs my husband is ready to go, i then feed the boys and they all play in the playroom while i make they're beds, wash up and hoover around the house which takes about an hour with some interruptions from the boys..........

happytohelp

Answer by happytohelp at 5:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• .............I then usually take them out for a meal around 2-3 times a week (not because i don't want the mess or the hassle of cooking because i like to meet up with my brother and sister) and take them to the park etc. i then come home around 4:00pm and play with them until 6:00pm when they're father comes home and he is with them then until i finish cooking dinner, after dinner Tyran and Dylan has a nap while Jake helps me wash up(which he actually wants to do lol) and about 8:00pm Tyran and Dylan are awake and in the living room watching television and having dessert while me and Nick clean around for a bit, we then all go into the living room and play with the kids then they all start dropping of around 9:00-10:00pm and then me and Nick go to bed around 11:00.

PS. pm me if you want anymore information :D

happytohelp

Answer by happytohelp at 6:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2008