i am needing help with my homework. I need to ask people if the had any sterotypes used against them the last couple of days and how did it happen? Please help

pandpmommy

Asked by pandpmommy at 6:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'm handicapped, but I don't appear to be, so when I parked my van in a handicapped spot and got out a woman came up to me yelling that I shouldn't use my parents handicapped plate. I turned to her and told her that looks can be decieving and started to walk into the store. She continued to tell asking what I meant by that and I turned and told her that a first glance I would have thought she was a nice person. This is not the first time that I have used the same line because someone was yelling at me for parking handicapped. When I use to go out I had people tell me that I shouldn't be going to clubs, because of being handicapped. I would tell them that I was handicapped not dead. Hope this helps.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 7:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i'm white and i don't like obama, so i was told, by a black girl, to go yee-haw to that country bumpkin...lol whatever that is supposed to mean
    Anonymous

• I am a mom working in a high school that my teens attend. Recently I was told that I only had this job so that I could control every aspect of my teens lives. This is so wrong. I avoid my teens as much as possible when at school and stick to doing my job.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have also had the handicapped situation happen to me because when I first get out of the van, I may or may not be able to walk at that moment, depending on how long I have been sitting. I am also blonde, so I get a lot of the typical blonde stuff, like my brain is lighter because my hair color is lighter !!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Because I have a Southern accent, I'm often stereotyped as being stupid. I was in line and my grandaughter bumped the people in front of us. She said "i'm sorry. I quietly reminder her, "ma'm". She said "I'm sorry, ma'm" The woman rudely said, "I am not a ma'm". When I tried to explain that she's been taught to sir and ma'm all adults, she said "well slave days are over".
    I don't like Omaba's policies, and on here if I say that, I'm accused of being a racist. Not everyone who disapproves of his policies is racist.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2010