What! I need to boil potatoes?

My 17yr son is making mashed potatoes and my hubby said get the water going. He said why? My hubby is like that is how you boil potatoes. My son is like why, I just want to mash them. lol (Just want to let you all know that I have taught my son how to make mashed potatoes, but I think when he hit abut 15 it left him. lol)

What is the craziest thing your teen has said or done?

1Giovanni

Asked by 1Giovanni at 7:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• That is something my son would do!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My daughter is 8. I think she missed the line for common sense. Very book smart though.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Two years ago when we told DS, now 11, that I was pregnant he looked at me and said,"Oh good, I thought you were getting fluffy."
    He's going to make a great hubby one day.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 7:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My 20 year old Army son went over to his girl friends house for a BBQ. He put his keys in a plastic container in his ruck sack which he still had in his jeep from Drill weekend the day before. Spent the night and the next morning coudnt find his keys to his jeep so he walked home 20 miles to get his spare set of keys, with his ruck sack on his shoulder. And WE consider him the smart one...Hmmm now Im worried
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 7:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My 10 yr old cracks me up. So my ex totally deleted his facebook. We recently broke up because he couldnt keep his peter in his pants. She was like wow mom for a jerk he sure is dramatic. I almost died laughing.
    AmericanChild82

Answer by AmericanChild82 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I have girls who lack common sense in the kitchen and since I have zero patience I have never been able to teach them how to cook or do dishes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• WOW! I could write a book. I also have a 14 yr old so with NO common sense, which just irritates me to no end. The latest, he went to my exbf's for the weekend (Not his father, just the man who acts like his dad) and left his laptop on and plugged in. Good thing I went in and checkied because the battery was HOT and laying on his bed. I called him and told him that he was grounded from the laptop until I decided he was responsible enough not to leave it on and plugged in all weekend. I explained that they get hot enough to catch on fire. His response, "OH, well I wanted it on all weekend for a reason." HELLO, Bueller, it can catch on fire." Gotta love him though, he is usually a good kid.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 7, 2010