Is this bad?

I went 2 belk yesterday to look at earrings for my DD. Almost as soon as I walked in a felt out of place. Like I didn't belong there. I felt like every one was staring at me (they weren't really) It has just been so long since I have been in any store that wasn't a Target that I felt like I 'shouldn't' be there. This is how broke we have been for the least 2 years... I didn't even buy anything I just walked out.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I always feel like that when I go in one of those stores. I feel like they are seeing my clothes and saying why is she here?
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 7:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Don't worry, I'm the same way!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 7:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i feel like that too..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• lol i am black and i get the 'salesperson following you around everywhere treatment' sometimes. that really drives me crazy....especially if it is a stupid store like a hair place. i'm like seriously?? lol so i call them out and ask them if there's something i could help them with. but i do know how you feel...i have been in stores like that before. but i don't leave....i guess i feel it's a me vs. them sort of a thing and i want to win lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Exactly!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It's the same for me. I don't even try to go shopping at the mall stores. We still can't afford them anyway.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 7:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• yeah, lol, we can't afford it. I just needed to find some screw back earrings for my 3 year old who can't keep her hands off her earrings. I ahve been saving to get some for her. I ended up at Kohls. Much better and a good deal.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2010