Contractions at just under 27 wks (not braxton hicks)

Is this normal??? I was walking thru the grocery store this evening when I was hit w/a contraction. I had to lean on the cart for about 2-3 mins until is passed, it was really intense!! A braxton hicks came shortly after that. I did NOT experience contractions at all in my 1st pregnancy until delivery so I am very confused. Has anyone else experienced contractions early on in pregnancy?

JenPrincess88

Asked by JenPrincess88 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes, and ususally when i was grocery shopping as you were. i had to have my husband push the cart for me....it was too much and always gave me contractions. when you get a contraction it's important to just take it easy and remember to just look at the clock if you start to get more than one to make sure they're not in a pattern or not happening for more than a hour (even if they aren't in a pattern). gl and just take it easy
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I have had a few times especially between about 24 and 30 weeks when everything is just starting to expand. It was always when I'd overdone myself and didn't really realize it. Standing too long, pushing a cart that was too heavy, etc. You can always ask your dr about it at your next visit just to be safe though.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I have had them a lot more recently (I'm at 34 weeks) but I did have a few before.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 8:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yes and it's best not to mess with them this early. Talk to your OB. You may need to be put on Terbutaline for a few weeks.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• at 30 weeks I had to go to the hospital because I was having contractions... they gave me a pill to stop them and I was ok
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2010