drug laws.... adult content

Do you think MJ should be legalized for medicinal purposes? Why or why not? Also do you think America benefits from keeping the drinking age so high? Again, why or why not?

americanadian25

Asked by americanadian25 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think mj should be legal for adults over 21, period. It's not the govts place to tell consenting adults what they can do to or with their own bodies. Prohibition is failed policy we shoul;d have learned that over alcohol. Not to mention the multiple medical applications and that it's less harmful than most rx AND OTC drugs.

I'm fine with the drinking age at 21 but I'd also like to increase the voting and enlistment ages to 21 as well.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Mj is legal in all states in oral form called marinol. It is not as effective as smoking. I think chemo pts would have better outcomes if they could have a joint. I have no opinion on the alchohol issue.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• it already has been in several states, and rightly so.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 7:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• if mj gets legalized it should only be for medical reasons, personal i dont like the drug to me its just as bad as any other drug, and as for alchohol it should stay at 21 becase you let younger people get it then there will be alot more problems
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 7:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• As a kid/teen who used drugs, I can say half the fun of drinking and using, was the fact it was illegal. IMO I think that if the govt allowed it, there would be fewer teens using it.
    americanadian25

Comment by americanadian25 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It is legal for medicinal purposes in my state. In some ways I think it is great because it can greatly help those who really need it. The problems we are seeing are an increase in children who get into mom or dad's special treats and a lot of those who find ways to get around the medicinal part of the laws. Personally, I have seen more people toking up in their cars in the past 2 months than I even did before it was legal as medication. That says something, doesn't it?
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I voted for it here this year but it didnt pass :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I agree 100% with you Friday. Couldn't say it any better myself.
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 9:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Friday hit the nail on the head.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 1:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I think mj should be legalized just like cigarettes and taxed like them too. Think of the money the government could put towards our national debt if it sold mj for just that purpose? Put rules in place for it just like alcahol; cant show up to work high, cant operate vehicles under influence, ect. People are going to use it regardless.
    Jwick

Answer by Jwick at 1:57 AM on Nov. 7, 2010