How do I stop my two year old from having accidents in her panties?

I have two year old girl that will be 3 in decemeber, she does a great job peeing in the potty but will not poop in the potty. Is this normal? How can I help her to poop in potty not her panties?

TiffanyPlew

Asked by TiffanyPlew at 7:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I just went through this with having our daughter pooing in the toilet now for 2 weeks now! :) I had her clean out her poos herself a couple of times telling her that she is a big girl and Mommy does not want to clean out her poos any more out of her big girl undies, telling her it is yukky in the undies that they need to go in the toilet. You may have to help clean up after but she got the point! They will go to the toilet adventually, some just need time! I have 3 kids now! :) Good Luck!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yea i assumed after a few weeks that it would go away but its been two months and I tried its ucky in your panties thing that is not working but I will try having her clean up her poop and see if that works. I dont get any help from the hubby with it becuase he just feels that it is wrong to take a girl potty which i am okay with I just hate cleaning poop up!! But she does not like it because she tells me and removes her poopy panties as soon as she is finished. So leaving her in the poop wont work.
    TiffanyPlew

Comment by TiffanyPlew (original poster) at 11:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My dd got pretty scared after she had an accident. I did not think I reacted strongly, I was surprised and told her that no we poop in the potty. But it scared her and she held her poop after that for a few days. I felt terrible and we had to give her suppositories- it was pretty traumatic for her so we just went back to diapers for poop to let that stress go. It took her 8 months, but she finally started to do poop in the potty. I read a lot about it and a lot of kids have a much harder time pooping in the potty. If I could do it all over again, I would have been much more positive right from the beginning and not have reacted to her accidents. Poop just takes longer for some kids and you have to give her confidence that she can do it rather than make her feel bad.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 11:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010