What do you get a 9 month old girl for christmas?

Xmas is a big deal in our family and everybody is going to want to by her something for her "first" but really how many options do you have at that age! Id love it if they'd put it in an account but they want to give her MATERIAL stuff!

LadyofIvory

Asked by LadyofIvory at 7:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Holidays

• Anything food related, cups, bowls, spoons, bibs, etc...bath toys, bubble stuff or bath colors, clothes, pull toys, activity gym kind of toys, sit and stand toys, basically anything first year up to 2 years old, teething toys, loveys (my kiddos all picked a lovey that year), finger puppets are really fun at that age, books are always great, if they want to go crazy and buy a ton of stuff just make a list of everything you could possibly need for the next year or that you think your kid will be learning to do in the next year, such as eating and walking. The first couple of years go really fast and they learn so many things, you might not think she'll need it right now, but by the middle of next year it will be really nice to have some of that stuff. :)
    SallyB_LMT

Answer by SallyB_LMT at 4:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• books! books! books! even babies should be read to!
    Anonymous

• does she need any clothes or shoes? board books are always good. what does she like to play with? dolls? trains/trucks? blocks? does she have a little bangle bracelet yet? does she need anything that could decorate her room?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• For babies first christmas there is the tree ornaments, the stocking, sleeper, bib, stuffed bear with the year on it,holiday barbie(collectable) and then whatever else, for toys, get her things she could play with for the next year(or longer) like little people (the zoo is awesome) Big Duplo legos, and my favorite baby toy of all, the playskool busy ball popper!!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Ask the parents before you buy her a christmas tree ornament. My MIL bought one for my son without talking to me about it...I had wanted to buy his first one.

Stuffed animals, clothes, blankets, etc. Little ones don't require much. They're just as happy with the package and the paper.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• For you yourself if this is your child start her her own fund at that age babies don't need a lot and if people do ask tell them that is exactly what you want her to have. If this is someone elses child I would get them a savings bond. 1st ornaments should be left up to the parents to do and I would start that tradition if she is yours.
    Then there are always those developmental things she will need down the road Books are always a great gift no matter how old they are.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:02 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• bumpHere's a bump for ya!!

bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• my mom bought a necklace for my daughter and she still wears it and shes 2.
    ariesmom20

Answer by ariesmom20 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2010