Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 Bumps

should i call?

so my hubby is wanting a divorce and i don't, do you think i should explain to him how i feel or let him come to me and talk? ( he's been gone for about 3 weeks now and we've barely talked at all) What do I do? I hate this and I want him home or at least to talk to me.

Answer Question

Asked by meagan678 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

Level 19 (6,793 Credits)
Answers (19)
  • I think it's worth it for him to at least hear you're side of things. I would call and ask if the two of you can sit down and talk about everything (without the kids) and go from there. Just remember to be adults about it and don't turn it into an argument.

    Answer by Natalies3girls at 8:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Call! You have to tell him how you feel!!!! Im sorry you are going thru this pain!

    Answer by mlmsm928 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • I think it is fine for you talk to him, but I would not grovel. I would tell him that when I married him, I believed it was for life and that is still my choice. I would then say, however, if you choose to leave, there is nothing I can do to stop you, but I want you to know that it will be your choice and not mine. I would then leave it there and not contact him again.

    Answer by NannyB. at 8:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Call him..and talk to him. Explain why you don't think a divorce is neccasrry and try to see if hes interested in counselin and just talking ur sides out like adults. If hes nots and he still demands a divorce I dont think theres much you can do.

    Answer by SweetPoison at 8:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • He is your husband, if you still love him, of course you should call.

    Answer by buzymamaof3 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • I think you have every right to voice your side of the situation. Call him and tell him that he owes you that much respect. If he is not willing to give it to you, then take it as face value that he is not the man you thought he was and just go with it. There are some people who will not change there mind no matter what happens. My mom used to be like that and it was HORRIBLE. Good luck,


    Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • I think its ok for you to call him and ask if you can sit down and talk, he at least owes you that much. If he isn't man enough for that then I'm sorry that hes not and you deserve way better than that. Good luck and hugs !!

    Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • he has given you the big D word and want him back have you thought he left you because of other woman,for one he won;t talk about it because all the promiese he made to you your soon to be x needs kick in the back side,

    Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Call and tell him how you feel, and ask him why he doesnt want to work it out. You will have to be strong enough to handle the answers you might get because if he is done and moving on with someone else then honestly you need to let him go because it will not ever be the same again. =(

    Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 9:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Try to talk to him, if anything it will give you peace of mind.

    Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 11:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.