We need a great easy to read bible w. study w. inspiring study notes

Me and my friend need a great bible bc ours are just too hard for our simple minded heads to wrap our thought process around. I love that ppl can understand it and but when we read to each other we just sound like stuttering fools w. lisps.

We are serious though, theres just so much selection and would love any insight on a good study bible that could help us get closer. THANKS any help would be glorious. ps be nice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have the NIV and that is okay but I just bought my hubby the NLT (New Living Translation) and is it SO easy to read. You also need to make sure you get a study bible that has the commentary at the bottom to help you understand alot of the verses. My opinion :-)

As far as a bible study...I have done quite a few and the only ones I really really enjoy and feel like I get anything out of are Beth Moore studies. The others I have done were okay in the begining but turned out to be really long or boring. She has about 30 minutes of homework each night plus your video sessions each week. Any of hers are great! My opinion :-)
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• OK thanks thats great my boss has that one too... ya i meant study bible.... same difference... :)
    Elizzaay

Answer by Elizzaay at 8:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I like either the NIV or the NLT but make sure you get a study bible, they have notes and stuff in them that explaine the harder to understand verses. As far as bible studies go my mom really likes Beth Moore, I haven't tried her yet but I've heard good things.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Oh gosh there are so many great bibles on the market. I have NIV with study notes. I also really like the ones now with out them but write like crazy in my NIV.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 10:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Take a look at Christianbooks.com. They sell many versions of the Bible and you can see samples of most to read and check the print size and price etc. I personally prefer the New King James. A good one with study guides is the Thompson chain reference or the Nelson. Both offer a lot of notes and a concordence and maps and the like.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 1:38 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I have the NLT Daily Bible, I also use The Message... I encourage you to just get several different ones! Sometime a scripture in one bible version doesnt make sense but it does in another version
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:42 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• The NIV is a fairly easy to read. I've also heard some good things about American Standard. A good Christian Bookstore worker can show you different translations and help guide you to one that sticks closely to the original translation and is not man paraphrasing God.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:01 AM on Nov. 7, 2010