DO you think its right that my mom still has absolutely nothing to do with my daughter..She's 3

mommiie_2_1

Asked by mommiie_2_1 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No, no matter what the reason, her grandmother should be willing to spend time with her. She is showing favorites and you need to nip the in the bud now. I can tell you from experience that favoritism leaves hurt feelings for a long time. My brothers never went to my grandma's funeral because they were angry at the way she treated us. And my son always fought with my mom because she treated my dd like a queen and him like a court jester. You need to put your foot down that your mom shows the same amount of respect and love for both or she won't see any of them. It's not fair to your oldest.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It would be helpful to know what her reasons are.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I do not think that is right but I also think some people shouldn't be parents nor grandparents. Like my stepdaughter and her Mother or my ow Mother
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• She says its cause i had her wen i was a teenager..buh yet she cares for my 9 month old daughter..i dont get it
    mommiie_2_1

Comment by mommiie_2_1 (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• No....she's still her granddaughter no matter what and your older daughter will grow up knowing her grandmother doesn't treat her the same. Family is family. Maybe you should give your mother a hypothetical glance into the future.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Ive thought about telling my mom tht if shes not gonna have anything to do wit my 3 year old then she cant have anything to do with my little one
    mommiie_2_1

Comment by mommiie_2_1 (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Sometimes it is all for the better. I am in a simular situation. I feel like I can't make them have a relationship, so I figure we are all better off without it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2010