• In the Spotlight:

Do your kids plop down hard on seats?

I hate when someone basically throws themselves into a chair. Its hard on the furniture and its lazy. My DD has a habit of doing this sometimes. So when I catch her doing it we "practice" sitting. Basically she is to stand up, sit down, repeat for 10 minutes. (Or however long you think appropriate. Shorter for younger kids)

I had to do this tonight, which is why I'm posting it. I love it because it reinforces sitting down correctly, and its a non-spanking alternative with the added benefit of exercise!

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 8:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• They do and I find boys are worse, so until I no longer have to worry about that, I will have the same furniture in my house. I think that is a great way of reinforcing how to sit down properly.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yep, they do. I never thought about it.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• yes and DH always makes them get off the furniture and sit on the floor for the remainder of the day
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 10:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010