How would you feel if your spouse or SO changed their phone number but still keeps in contact with the same old people?

...Especially after they stated the number change was to stay away from certain people...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I would think that they are trying to block one specific person.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would think that maybe there is one person in particular that he doesn't want calling him anymore. To me, that would be rather suspicious.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would think he is trying to avoid someone and I would be a bit suspicious.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• have your bills been payed or he's hiding from affair
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:09 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• If he is now speaking to the person he said he was trying to get away from then I would think one of the folowing things:

1) They looked him up (whitepages.com or something) and got the new number and he doesn't know how to say "leave me alone"
    2) He wanted to appear to you as if he wasn't continuing contact with them when he still is
    3) He changed his mind and decided to continue contact with them but didn't think anything of it enough to mention it to you
    4) He is hiding something

From a man's perspective my SO said it sounds like he is cheating on you. :(
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i would be suspious

honesty33

Answer by honesty33 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I guess that would mean he didn't really want to stay away from those old friends right?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• hmm depends on if you have a feeling something fishy is going on
    ariesmom20

Answer by ariesmom20 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• that dont make sense and when things dont make sense it need to be checked out then why change your number please he avoiding something
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• doesn't make sense to me.
    mindi6103

Answer by mindi6103 at 12:31 AM on Nov. 8, 2010