Anyone own a Kindle?

I just got one and I LOVE it!

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 9:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Yes, aren't they great?!? I've had mine for over 2 years, and it's my most prized possesion. I love how cheap the books are, and how durable the Kindle itself is. Enjoy it!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Oh that is good to hear. I AM getting my 20 y/o son and my husband each one for Christmas. Did you get any books on it to start with >>???
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Just got mine and I love it, too! I would never stop reading "real" books, but it's SO nice to be able to travel with a pile of books and not take up a lot of space! :)
    bethnylara

Answer by bethnylara at 4:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• The Kindle comes with two dictionaries and a user's manual. I bought a version of the Bible and then a couple of other books; and I have also been downloading free books. If you go to the Kindle Store on Amazon and ask the computer to sort the items from lowest price to highest price, the first items that will come up are the free ones. Also, Project Gutenberg (http://www.gutenberg.org/ ) has a lot of free books on its website as well.  These are books that are in the public domain.

tinamatt

Comment by tinamatt (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• My husband has one. I read on it a few times. It's ok. I actually read on my Iphone with the kindle app (you can do it on an Itouch as well). I like the Iphone better than the Kindle for reading because it is backlit and I always have my phone with me so when i have a minute somewhere I have my book with me. You can read on both, they will sync.
    asulimma

Answer by asulimma at 10:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2010