how can I get my 18 month old to quit hitting,kicking and throwing stuff at me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Tell them no in a stern voice, explain ouch and hurt... that makes mommy sad... you have to explain, take it away, be stern.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 9:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i agree with Donna cause my 15 month old son does the same thing
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• My son is now 25 months and has been experiencing time out since about 19 months I think. About a minute and a half at that age, if they will sit there that long. Has to be a chair in a neutral room, not the livingroom where there is a tv and a lot of activity. And face the chair toward the wall, so there is nothing for them to look at. If they don't stay in the chair, put them in a playpen (that's what I did that early)....same manner, with no toys or anything in it. When putting them in TO say simply "No throwing toys" "No hitting" A lot of explanation is beyond them still. Plus you want to keep it simple. Don't stand there either, walk away and when returning to take them out of TO again say "we don't (action) in this house"
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• my 2 year old tried that at the same age i started with saying no very firmly when that didnt work i would say No whatever he did and swat his thigh and put him in the playmen with nothing to see or do
    strictmomhere

Answer by strictmomhere at 11:35 AM on Nov. 7, 2010