Having a Miscarraige? adult content

okay so my question is about having a miscarraige, I took my son trick or treating on Halloween and took a nasty fall off the stairs and sprained my ankle also, the next day I started having what I thought was my period but thought it might have been a little too early, then while taking a shower I notice a rather big blood cloth, then this kind of had me thinking if maybe I was pregnant and didn't even know yet and had a miscarriage, wondering what to do????

joanna13

Asked by joanna13 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you might be having a miscarraige you should be checked my a doctor. Some people have to have a DNC to get it all out. Others just do it at home and are fine.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Really there is nothing they can do if you had one. I had a miscarriage like this several years ago. I was sitting on the couch one afternoon and got really bad cramps and went to he bathroom and passed it. I didn't even know I was pregnant. I was heartbroken. Hugs to you!
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I should have noted above that it would also depend on how far along you were, so I call the dr anyway. Sometimes women need to have a D&C.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Go to the dr just to be safe.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would at least call your doctor and see what they say!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Could have been one, but I know most periods, I get a clot at some point. You can go to the doc to get checked out for the fall, but if you miscarried that early, your body handles it like a period. If you were further along, I'd say get seen for that, but I really don't think you have anything to worry about for this.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Your doctor would be able to do a blood test and tell you for sure.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. If you feel like you want to go to the med center/your doctor then do that, but if you are already loosing it there is nothing you will be able to do to stop the process.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 10:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2010