Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a Miscarraige? adult content

okay so my question is about having a miscarraige, I took my son trick or treating on Halloween and took a nasty fall off the stairs and sprained my ankle also, the next day I started having what I thought was my period but thought it might have been a little too early, then while taking a shower I notice a rather big blood cloth, then this kind of had me thinking if maybe I was pregnant and didn't even know yet and had a miscarriage, wondering what to do????

Answer Question

Asked by joanna13 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 4 (38 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • If you might be having a miscarraige you should be checked my a doctor. Some people have to have a DNC to get it all out. Others just do it at home and are fine.

    Answer by dancinintherain at 9:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Really there is nothing they can do if you had one. I had a miscarriage like this several years ago. I was sitting on the couch one afternoon and got really bad cramps and went to he bathroom and passed it. I didn't even know I was pregnant. I was heartbroken. Hugs to you!

    Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • I should have noted above that it would also depend on how far along you were, so I call the dr anyway. Sometimes women need to have a D&C.

    Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Go to the dr just to be safe.

    Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • I would at least call your doctor and see what they say!

    Answer by TJones32 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Could have been one, but I know most periods, I get a clot at some point. You can go to the doc to get checked out for the fall, but if you miscarried that early, your body handles it like a period. If you were further along, I'd say get seen for that, but I really don't think you have anything to worry about for this.

    Answer by musicpisces at 11:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Your doctor would be able to do a blood test and tell you for sure.

    Answer by khedy at 11:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

  • Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. If you feel like you want to go to the med center/your doctor then do that, but if you are already loosing it there is nothing you will be able to do to stop the process.

    Answer by gypsyjewels at 10:20 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.