how do i wean my 9 month old off the breast? i have tried so hard but he is so attached

i have tried to wean him on to formula which he will have none of. we've tried 9-12months formula mixed with a small amount of milk (please no bashing) i have tried not giving him the breast at night. didn't work. he is on stage three baby food and also eating regular food processed into small peices. any help or stories of how anyone else weaned would be much appreaciated....by the way i have to do this for medical reasons

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Find a nipple for a bottle, that looks and feels the most like yours, then every meal...switch between the bottle and breast off and on, hold the bottle close to your breast and most of the time they can't tell the difference.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 4:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• My dh and I had to try ten different nipples before we finally found the one my daughter would take. The nipple search can be a fustrating one. Also try to have someone else feed besides you. Most times babies won't take a bottle from a mom who bfs. Did you check with a lactation consultant? Le Leche has found ways around weanning for many medical reasons including sugery. Also (depending on your situation) you can wean temporarily. That is what I was able to do. Good luck with weanning and the medical reason.
    smilin_liz

Answer by smilin_liz at 10:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2008