cramping when I walk.

I am 12 weeks 2 days pregnant. I have been on bed/pelvic rest for a tear in the placenta. I am still supposed to take it easy. But if I go to the store or do any walking for more than 5 or 10 minutes I start cramping pretty bad. The baby is healthy and is active. But is this something I should be concerned about?

sondamom0828

Asked by sondamom0828 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• are you sure they arent round ligament pains?
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Where is the pain? That makes a difference. It may or may not be placenta-related, but if it was, you would likely have some spotting after you have been up and around. Round ligament pain is extremely common. The round ligament attaches your uterus to your labia majora (girlie bits), so you would have pain there. It can hurt pretty badly, and it's usually worse after exerting yourself. It's probably a good idea to mention to your doc to get a definitive answer.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• When I was on bedrest I wasn't allowed to go grocery shopping. The only things I was allowed to do was take a bath or shower and go to my doctor appointments. Plus anytime you have menstural like cramping call your ob. Try also drinking plenty of water. Call your ob tomorrow and tell them about what is going on.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 4:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• YES. If you are experiencing this sort of thing while you are on bed/pelvic rest you need to not even do THAT. Listen to your body and SIT DOWN!
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 10:16 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• My tailbone got inflammed with my last pregnancy and I cramped whenever I walked. I was farther along though. Ended up getting put on disability it was so bad.  Check with your doctor if you haven't already to be on the safe side.

Sherri211

Answer by Sherri211 at 9:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2010