can a marriage last after an affair?

Asked by dbrooks118 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Depends on what you both (and I emphasize BOTH) do to restore the trust and love...therapy, counseling, communications therapy is hard work but I have seen it happen.

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 9:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Some do. But, the only way I would think it would be 100% the same is if it's never found out about. If I ever found out, I would never stay with the person again. I couldn't.

Answer by m-avi at 9:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• no
    at least not happily and trusting

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It's possible. Go to counseling, and make sure you BOTH want it to work! Good luck!

Answer by mrskrisher at 9:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It can, but once you lose trust with someone I think it's very hard to get that back. It would take a lot of work , time and dedication to the marriage from both people to make it work.

Answer by Shines3 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It can, but I don't think it is ever really the same.

Answer by kmath at 10:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It can, if you BOTH put 100% into.

Answer by clovismommy25 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It step daughter has a husband who screws around all the time...yet she does not blame him she just blames the girls.
    I myself could no longer be with a man who slept with another

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• The forgive part may be easy, it's the forget and never bring it up part that will determine whether you truely can overcome the affair. Trust is very hard to regain once broken. It also depends on the kind of person you are. Can you get past it? Will you wonder every time he is late if he's out having another affair? This will be the make it or break it point. Me, I tend to never forget anything. (when it comes to someone doing me wrong) I couldn't stay with a man who cheats.

Answer by DeeMomOfFour at 11:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I feel like it can't because once you break that trust, you will always feel like their doing something or lying, but if their is a couple who can make it work after a affair, then that's a beautiful thing

Answer by Mrs.Stancil at 12:13 AM on Nov. 7, 2010