A little worried.......

Last night me and my SO had sex and I started bleeding heavily and it is still there its just lighter, should I be concerned?!?The sex was kinda rough and I'm kind of worried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am an RN! It is normal for a little bleeding... If i may ask how far along are you? U can message me direct if you want to or just post it here..... I wouldnt be really concerned as long as there are no blood clots then there is no real concern...
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 7:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Are you pregnant??? If you are then call your Dr. tell them what happened, more than likely (depending on how far along you are) it's just that the blood vesels and cells are more "sensitive" and can be ruptured very easily when having intercourse. Depending on how far along you are, you should also consider toning down the sex a bit, no need for rough sex when you are expecting. I am a horn dog, I love sex, especially when pregnant, but I know that I need to take it easy.

smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 7:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Normally I would agree with the others, but you said "heavy" bleeding and that would worry me.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 7:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Okay, that's what I was meaning by call a Dr. , just so you know I had the same thing and it wasn't even "rough" sex, just normal run of the mill sex when I was about 7 months. I got up and made my SO stop because something didn't feel right, not only was there a little blood, I was oozing. I was fine, it was just a little blood vessel had been ruptured, really when you are bleeding it looks a lot worse than it really is. I think you are fine, but call your Dr. to make sure, tell them what happened, and they will guide you from there. I know it's Saturday, but most offices have an after hours line that you can call.

smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 7:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I'm 9weeks along.
    Anonymous

• uh oh....
    Anonymous

• That is really early to be bleeding like that... i would make an appointment asap.... if u see any blood clots go to the ER asap!
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 7:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Okay I'm scared now!
    Anonymous

• just relax and if it was heavy bleeding go to the ER, or if you are still bleading for that matter, it could be nothing, but i would befinatly get it checked
    mommy2alissa

Answer by mommy2alissa at 7:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Got to the ER. There may be nothing they can do but you can request an ultrasound to make sure the baby is ok. And I would hold off on sex until you see your OB. Then I would really tone it down until the baby is born.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2008