What would you do if you found out your teen was smoking pot?

1Giovanni

Asked by 1Giovanni at 10:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Kick his ass to start!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Have a long talk. Tell them that I did when I was young, now I know better. I would tell them the facts and hope they stop. They would be made to stop if they wanted to live in my house.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:03 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Wow. That's tough.

I know many kids in our area smoke pot at some time. In college, where my son is, it's pretty common.

My kids know their dad and I don't approve; but I would be most concerned with where they got it, and if they are hanging with kids that are into smoking it, or just curious and giving it a try.

In any case, we would have to have a long talk. And I would want to stay on top of it.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i would explain to them the effects that it can have on their life and how i felt about them doing it. i would however not get mad and yell and try to force them to stop because lets face it, they wont, they will just start lying and sneaking around about it. i know that im prob alone on this but i would prefer that my children were to do things like that in my house, not because i think that that behavior is ok, but i would prefer that if anything bad was to happen it would be at my house where i can help rather then some kids basement or the park or who knows where and not get any help at all. i want my kids to know that they can come to me for ANYTHING even if they know that i dont like it.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Can't say I would do to much, as long as they were home and not out with friends, I wouldn't have much issue...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• That said, chances are by the time my kids are teens, it will be legal...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I'd tell his dad and his dad would kick his ass.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Ask him to puff, puff, pass!

No- in all seriousness, I have no idea. I don't think I'd get mad though. I would have a sit down with him/her and talk about the dangers of drugs and such. And I'd probably ground him/her.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would make sure it was the real thing and not the synthetic form that is going around my neighbor hood because that stuff has paint thinner in it. And then if it was the real thing I would tell them not to let it effect their grades, not to get caught. If it was the synthetic stuff I would kill them because they KNOW BETTER!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Ground the heck out of them and make sure they had 0 freedoms. I have zero tolerance when it comes to drugs PERIOD & with alcohol and smoking with those who are underaged.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:22 AM on Nov. 7, 2010