Confidence? Do you really have it?

What do you consider "having confidence" in your relationship with your SO/DH?

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 10:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Well seems like you have an open relationship that allows you to be confident. Dnt change a thing Just be happy and enjoy your honesty w one another. Your family is onlyconcerned for you but you know theres no reason because you have a man who lets you in every part of his life. Eventually they will see that. Good for you and your SO for not being those types who have to have privacy and boundaries. Privacy is something you give up when in a relationship. It only becomes a problem when someone has something to hide. Because your relationship is open and honest You can truly be happy and both of you can be at ease. Goodfor both of you.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 10:59 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Feeling completely secure that he is faithful to you, loves you, can joke about anything around you, completely open & honest with you(even admitting to checking out a hot chick ), and knowing that he's always got your back. Also, I feel no jealousy when hes around other woman who are not our close friends, I trust him that he's where he says he is, don't feel the need to spy on him in any way, and lastly, at the end of the day, we are happy and look forward to seeing each other no matter what the day has brought .. but hey, this is just me, so to each their own right? :)
    Lipstk713

Answer by Lipstk713 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Your family members are just SCREAMING of insecurity if you ask me... if hes never given you a reason to worry, then why worry just to worry? Im a BIG believer in womens intuition... generally if I have a weird feeling about a person or a guy, I am typically right. SO as long as i stick to my gut, im good.

Feeling good about your relationship makes YOU feel good as a person. Which in turn makes you feel confidant and sexy yourself ;)
    Lipstk713

Answer by Lipstk713 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Thank you I am exactly the same way but my family thinks I am being naive...=)

He has given me no reason to not feel confident about us and our marriage and my family said he is too good to be true and all that other crap...and He makes me feel confident in my own skin and around others too...

4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• So my sis had a to good to be true guy and sure enough he did the unthinkable and to top it off it was w his ex wife and she got prego. But Luckly it turned out to not be his. Okay I love my SO and feel so comfortable w him but lets face it times have changed and there are so many temptations out there and some woman consider a man thats taken to be a fun game. Mental stability is a factor along w other health issues. I think there is no way that a person is 100% trustable. So if a couple have no secrets and are apart of every part of eachothers lives than there is no room for error. Protect what you got and dont let off. Being 100% confident can lead to devistation down the road. I know many different types of people who have totally different lives of all ages to and they thought my SO and I had trust issues. But within the past 2 yrs these people have learned the hard way. Break ups and divorces all from a cheating partner!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 10:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• true...DH and I have a zero secret policy and we share a facebook account and an email account and we do not have any seperate online accounts. He even loves to read and comment on Cafemom with me...
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• dnt get me wrong though Im not saying yours is to good to be true. Dont go being al PI on your SO. If you have a feeling trust it. If your not comfortable w something tell him. It doesnt mean you are insecure its natural to be protective of what you have and to be afraid to lose it. Your family should be happy for you but at the same time they dont want you to get hurt. Some feel if you are aware that its possible than it wont kill you if it happens. Compared to being so confident and unaware and then find out something happened, thats a kinda blow thats not easy to recover from. Me personally I have access to my SO's emails and phone and he has access to mine. We tell eachother where we are at all times & we never leave town w/o eachother. No secrets no worries. Plus we enjoy being w eachother so much we dont want to be apart.if apart of our lives dnt include eachother we make sure to fill each other in to avoid bad thoughts.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 10:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2010