How to get on the future in law's good side?

Me and my fiance' have been engaged since Sept 09 and getting Married in March and his parents don't approve and tried to talk him out of marrying me. He is 25 and I am almost 23, he graduated college a year ago but they feel we aren't ready. We will by no means be rich but we but we will do ok, especially for just starting out. I invited his mom to go wedding dress shopping me and my mom but she said she had to work even when I offered to do it on a day that I know she had off. I think the other part of the problem is that I am white and Im a single mom. He is filipino. They were always very nice to me and my daughter until we got engaged. As of right now, my fiance' hardly talks to his mom and his dad won't even speak to him. Our wedding is comming up and I don't even know if they will be there. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I could do/ have my fiance' do. I really want them to come and be apart of the wedding

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Just be a super nice friendly gracious person at all times ....they will come around! :-)
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Good luck, sweetie. I would join the My MIL is a Crapburger Group and ask your questions there.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• honestly i would stop trying. yeah it sucks major that they are acting like children about it, but either they will accept you or the wont. i dont think its personal, just sounds like a cultural difference, and with that there is nothing you can do. hopefully they will come around after the wedding. good luck and congrats
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• ROFLOL, is that really a group?
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It sounds like you are doing a good job to me. Just keep doing what you are doing. It's not you ,it's them. Time will tell. now just wait and see if they eventually come around. Good Luck.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yes that is a group and those ladies have been through it all!!!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I'm sorry hun, i'm going thru something very similar :(

Wish parents were cooler sometimes lol
    MillieJ

Answer by MillieJ at 11:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• The only other reason that I feel they might have a problem with me is they know we have sex. He was renting from his parents while he was in school and his mom used to snoop through his room and found a pair of my panties and would snoop through his phone and found a pic of me in my bra and panties (but at least they were cute lol). I feel like we are both adults, it wasn't like he was just bumming off of them, he rented and helped pay their bills, and if she didn't want to know that we were having sex, which most people would assume we were anyway anyway, then she shouldn't snoop.
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2010