Travel System, Carseats, and Strollers...Oh My!!!

Need a little insight. I'm pregnant with my second child...We bought a travel system with my first one and it was great! My question is: Is there anyone out there who DID NOT buy a travel system with their child? I don't want to buy a double stroller but my oldest is only two. How do you get around without carrying another carseat or buying a whole new stroller/ carseat. I hope I made this question clear. I wasn't sure how to ask it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• they make the ones that have a platform for the toddler to stand on and the rest is for the infant....i would thing that would be what youre looking for...good luck!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Im no help i bought a double stroller and it saves my life :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• you could get a wrap or a sling to wear the new baby and your son could still have the stroller. By the time the baby is too big to "wear" your son will probably be wanting to walk and the baby could have the stroller. If you still have your son's infant seat you can reuse it as long as it isnt expired or been in an accident.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• well actually i just thought of all the places that i go often where i would need a stroller, and there werent that many, stores all have shopping carts to push them around in, the mall you can rent strollers, same with the zoos and usually aquariums and such. yeah they are nice to have but be realistic about how often you will be using it. and if you do use one a lot you can get a sit-n-stand stroller, its not quite a double stroller, but its meant for familys that have a slightly older child, they are pretty neat and affordable.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• i bought the travel system! love it!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I only have one, but we have a car seat, stay in the car, a stroller, and a wagon. So not a travel system and it works fine for us.

But to be of some help my moms friend has this stroller that has an adjustable seat for an infant, lay down position to sit up, and then the older child has a sitting place.....In fact, I will get the link to it, it's pretty cool.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4209349

i think these are so cool....maybe it would work for you.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I promise you will survive if you don't have the best equipment...the only thing you should make sure you have is a car seat.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2010