What could be wrong?? I haven't had period in a year. I have been bleeding twice in the last 3 weeks??

I am going to make an appt with the obgyn next week. I have never gone to see her. I am new to the area and haven't been to a doctor yet. My friend suggested I go see this doctor, she told me that this dr. is the one she goes to and she is a good dr. I don't want to worry and I am hoping everything is okay!! What are the possibilities of what could be the problem. Does it sound serious??? Concerned. I have been tired lately and feeling week in my left side(my leg). I figured my period stopped because I am going through the change(menopause). I am 46, but I started my period at 12.

CatPaws2

Asked by CatPaws2 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Health

• Without knowing a lot more, no one except a doctor can really say. But, no period for a year isn't good unless it's menopause. You should see the doctor.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• PP is right. At this point, only a medical professional can really give you the answers you need.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:41 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I started my period at age 13. I had what I thought was my last period at 46, but then 9 months later, I had one more period. None
    since then. I'm 53 now. I thought it was interesting that there was that 9-month span, as 9 months is the length of a full-term pregnancy.
    So, where I thought I was DONE at 46, I guess I had one last little egg that finally decided to come down. And then there were none!
    CCMom123BetsyR

Answer by CCMom123BetsyR at 12:44 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Have you gone to the gyno?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:54 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• ssteph: I am going to call a gyno on Monday and see if they can get me in for an appointment.
    CatPaws2

Comment by CatPaws2 (original poster) at 7:50 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Honestly, it just sounds like you're pre-menopausal. Make the OBGYN appointment and they'll run blood tests to determine if you are, in fact, starting the change.

I'm 40...and the ONLY reason I'm glad about that is because I, too, started my cycles at 12 and I know the "end" is just around the corner. =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 10:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I remember when my mom started going through menopause, her periods were erratic. Sounds like that could be what you have going on. I've read that a lot of women get pg at this time of life thinking they're no longer fertile, but they are.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Yeah I went though that too. I bled for three months in a row. It was really driving me crazy then I did not again for a year. So I started making regular appt's and we did loads of tests. Checked for menopause and looked to see if there were eggs. Nothing turned out to be the problem. So here is what I learned .. Have them do a blood test to see how your Iron and Vit.D are. I was low on both of them. Take slow fe iron won't hurt your tummy. Take them with Meals. Use a good multi. and take at min. 1,000 mg of calcium with vitamin D.
    Get out and enjoy sunshine. Walk. Good luck. while your at it get a monogram.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2010