is a pickle still a veggie/fruit? Does it have any nutritial value now that it's a pickle?

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 10:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Actually, pickles are a good source of vitamin K, which is very important for your body.

Answer by layh41407 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I think it has a tiny bit of nutrition left, but if you were to eat it in the portion of a vegetable, the sodium would pretty much negate any value it had. At least for dill pickles. Since you mentioned fruit, maybe you are thinking about homemade pickled fruits (or veg). There is not much salt in the sweet/sour pickles but there you have a lot of added sugar. I don't think they really count as a fruit or vegetable nutritionally.

Answer by christinab313 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I thnk it is pretty much an empty calorie, but it is overloaded with salt/sodium.

Answer by QandA at 10:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Yes, it has a lot of salt. I have heard that a dill pickle can confuse your taste buds and kill a sweet craving, although I haven't tried it.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

this might be helpful

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2010