has/does anyone sell mary kay? how did it work out for you?

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have a friend who is in upper level Mary Kay sales, she is of course doing great. I tried it and never sold enough to cover my expenses. I hate sales, so I'm just not good at it.

I've been making extra money at home for about 4 yrs now, I've ran across lots of scams and found some really reliable places. You can read my list at Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Many, many years ago I got into selling Mary Kay, and it did not work out for me. My family was NOT supportive and they "would never pay that much for makeup" they informed me when I announced I was selling Mary Kay. Another minus was that there were a lot of Mary Kay ladies in my city, so it was not very easy to drum up customers who did not already have or know a Mary Kay lady.
    I did love the product, and being a Mary Kay rep I was able to try a lot of the different products, perfumes and such that I otherwise might not have bought.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I sell mark, which i avon but its geared more towards young women. you have to be very motiviated and if you dont know a ton of people you have to work really hard to get a client base...
    its not my only source of income so its not hard. I just direct people to my internet site and let them do the rest.

depends on how much you depend on it. you just have to work hard
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• ive been trying to dodge my "Mary Kay" lady for months. shes so damn pushy. ive blocked 3 numbers already and told her 3 times i'd call her if I need anything. has not worked yet! terrible! do something, anything else. i like the AVON program much better, more affordable and not pushy.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 7:24 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I did MK for a short period and it was not for me! I loved the money that I did make, but they like you to buy a ton of inventory right off the start and I just couldn't do it and I'm glad I didn't! lol. The little amount that I did, I still have left and cant get rid of! I didn't work the business as much as I should've, but it was just not for me because I wasn't passionate about it! I would suggest checking in your area to see how many people are actually selling it! That too was the problem, there was too many MK reps in my area! So it was almost impossible to find new customers, plus it is pricey and some just don't have the money for that! Good luck on what you decide!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.cosmeticsdatabase.com  

Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products. 

Answer by rkoloms at 9:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2010