Need Advice.....family and friends

I am 33 and the the education of a 3d to 5th grader I feel like the world downs me for my mistakes my husband makes good money thank god but I feel like family and friends down me today my mom stoped by and ws going to the store and asked me if I needed anything and I wrote I list for her and gave her $ when she came back she was real rude and said I needed to learn how to spell she could not read my list I felt like hell ( btw I never ask her to go for me but I know now not to if I need something before my husband gets home )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• F*** her! Dont let it get to you. If you are happy with yourself then thats ALL that matters! :) Go back to school online if you feel it might help. I won EVERY spelling bee in school and now I cant spell shit to save my life! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Don't let it get to you. I know two people that graduated from college and both of them can't spell to save their lives! If she says anything like that again, I would tell her that it hurts my feelings and how would she feel if someone were to treat her that way.
    Don't stress about it...I hope things get better for you!
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 7:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• You say you have the education of a 3rd or 5th grader. Why not go to adult ed? The local schools with help you.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• You wrote this question really well...I can't imagine how bad you grocery list was. Even still, I agree with the above, screw them don't let it bother you and if you want to improve yourself for YOURSELF then go back to school GL to you
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 7:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• thank you I just get so mad at her my sister who was the A-student well now is a drug queen who lost her kids and still gets more respect from my mom I think that I just have issues with my mom and need to deal with it Thank you for letting me vent
    Anonymous

• Ignorance and stupidity are two very different things!

She was treated you as if you were stupid. Very inappropriate and sad. I am sorry, I am very sorry that this was your own mother treating you this way. I wish that she would have encouraged you instead of degrading you.

If you are interested in furthering your education...Consider adult ed. There are many courses for reading, spelling and comprehension skills. It would be an asset in a world that does look down on people who do not have these skills.

Take care and good luck!

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Your Mom may feel guilty for not pushing you to finish your education - if you are happy with your life, don't let her problems burden you. If *you* feel limited - definitely look into more schooling, its never too late. But if you're happy -- Ignore her nastiness. Of course, I would probably dish it right back to her.. haha. I wouldn't pull any punches - I would probably tell her when she gets nasty about your spelling, "Yea my Mom didn't encourage me to stay in school, I'll do better with MY kids." -- I agree with other posters that you wrote this question very well.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 7:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• thank you she did not make me stay in school and I kinda blame her ( but it was my falt ) and I do stay on my kids she says Im to hard on them but I want better for them living paycheck to paycheck with only $2300 in savings sucks I will make sure they stay in school thank you everyone for your support
    Anonymous

• if you need to talk to me you can im in the same way you feel i cant read good or spell to good and i get put down and yes it does hurt and makes you feel like crap i the only thing differnet is im 20 almost 21 if you need to talk you may message me
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• This is super sad specially bc its coming from ur mother, but like every one else said DONT let it get to u! I finished high school, got some college done and a few other things and still suck at spelling! But you really should think about taking some adult classes, not for what others have to say or think about u but for YOURSELF!
    Best of luck hun!
    Nellie1986

Answer by Nellie1986 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2008