drunk dialing i'm in love with you

everyone always told me my best friend in high school was in love with me. i thought he was to but he never did tell me. we never dated or anything. he joined the military and left. it's been 4 years and we barely speak but when we do it's like we're still best friends. he's getting out of the military and coming home soon (like 2 weeks) and so we've been talking more and more. tonight he called me and told me he's in love with me. he was drunk. he's never drunk dialed me before. he wasn't slurring his words or anything. but he kept talking to me about how serious he was and how he's in love with me. and always has been. ect. should i make anything of this? should i ignore it? we're about to be hanging out a lot i'm sure. i just don't know if he was just being silly cause he was drunk or what. my guts telling me he feels that way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I would do whatever felt natural. if you're hanging out and you get that feeling that it's a "more than friends" vibe, go with it, if you feel something mutual for him...

do you?
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Well, it's been four years. Wait until he comes home and see what happens. A lot can change in four years.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:01 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• haha, I had a friend in our circle call me drunk and tell me he loved me..... and this was like 12 yrs ago before cell phones, so he had to get a pay phone, they were at the bowling alley, find my number and call...... how weird is that!!!!
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 12:48 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• When he gets back see where it happens.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 2:32 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• just let it flow natirally and see where it leads
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 3:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Wait till he comes home and see what happens when you're hanging out all the time. I wouldn't put too much into what he said on the phone and just see where things go.
    mindi6103

Answer by mindi6103 at 12:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• i had a friend do the same but he was not drunk. we too were best friends in school and he too went to the military and we lost track of each other..anyway, after finding him again, i was already  with two kids and he was divorced with one kid. he then confessed that he always had feelings for me. to make matters worse, my marriage was a Little rocky so those words were heavenly but i knew best not to mess around..the point to my story is..try it. do not let your fear get the best of you.  if it grows into something more than embrace it. If it doesn't, well you at least do not have to live the rest of your life with the "What if" over your shoulders.  Live, Laugh, Love.

alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2010