Is there any way I can get the "cycle" to hurry up?

I have a 55 gallon aquarium and we recently moved to a new apartment. I drained the tank myself and left about half an inch of water in it and then had my friend quickly drive it over to the new place. My husband (who was just trying to be kind but is clueless about my fish) decided he was going to fill up the tank for me so they didn't die because I was still over at our old place getting the last few things together, Anyway. instead of just filling the tank he empties it the rest of the way and washes all the gravel and plants and changes the filter cartridge. So basically, brand new tank. The problem is I have 17 fish in the tank. They are all showing signs of stress as the ammonia builds. I don't want them to die. Is there any way I can get the bio filter going again like really really fast?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Pets

• I am not sure because that happened to me and my fish died good luck
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 6, 2010