How can I get him interested in the potty? adult content

My son is two and a half. He knows what the potty is for, we have talked about it a lot and he has used it a few times. But lately he doesn't even want to sit on his potty seat. I don't want him to be that kid who is three and still in diapers. Help!

mommytoJames512

Asked by mommytoJames512 at 11:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL. well we bribed! We started, for every time he would just SIT on the potty clothed and all, we would give him an M&M, then we changed after a few days and made it for every time he would pull his pants down and sit down on the potty we would give him 1 M&M. We then progressed to if he would pee-pee in the potty, we would give him 1, if he would poop we'd give him 2 (LOL - poop was worth more to mommy! ;)

That's literally how we started... before this, for months and months before-hand, I would flush and poo that was solid enough in the potty after changing his diaper I would dump it in the potty and we would both tell his poo-poo bye-bye, so he would automatically associate poop with the potty. HTH! Sure sounds silly, but it was very sucessful for our little man... GL!
    Miracle_pg

Answer by Miracle_pg at 11:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I hear using cheerios as a target helps for peeing! I have a girl but will going in with daddy and seeing how he goes like a "big boy" motivate him to want to be like him?!
    Patience....my niece had a huge setback because her parents got frustrated with her!
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 1:16 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• i did the stickers on a chart for my daughter. if she got the whole chart full i would buy her something she wanted.
    lyricsmommy08

Answer by lyricsmommy08 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2010