Some one help! My DD has lice and nothing is killing it!

I have tried Mayo, baby oil, and 3 different lice shampoos today. When I go to comb her hair, the bugs are still alive. I am ready to scream. Please help. What else can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have you tried using Rid? You should be able to get it at a local drug store. The lice will not go away unless you have removed EVERY single bug and gotten rid of EVERY single nit (egg) on the hair strand. Everything that has come in contact with the head lice should be put into tied tight garbage bags and left to sit for at least 24 to 48 hours. Head lice is NOT something to mess around with, and if it gets bad it can be a VERY bad situation. Dont let it get out of control or you will be regretting it. Check your pets for it too. They can be carrying it around as well.
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Get a prescription from the doctor. Wash ALL bedding and stuffed animals in the hotest water you can. Check with your local health department to see if they have someone who comes out to help get rid of the nits in your house. My county health department does this for FREE.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Try listerine.Or the generic of it. Get her hair all wet with it. Put a plastic cover of some sort on her head and leave it for an hour or so. I tried this and it worked very well.I read that you are supposed to leave it on for 2 hours,but I didn't and it worked great anyway. Good Luck!!! P.S. make sure it is a listerine type mouthwash.
    CBMMOM

Answer by CBMMOM at 11:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2010