Deep Fried Twinkie·
· Popsicle sticks
· 4 cups vegetable oil
· Flour for dusting
· 1 cup milk
· 2 tablespoons vinegar
· 1 Tablespoon oil
· 1 cup flour
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Chill or freeze Twinkies for several hours or overnight.
2. Heat 4 cups vegetable oil in deep fryer to about 375 degrees.
3. Mix together milk, vinegar and oil.
4. In another bowl, blend flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Whisk wet ingredients into dry and continue mixing until smooth. Refrigerate while oil heats.
6. Push stick into Twinkie lengthwise, leaving about 2 inches to use as a handle, dust with flour and dip into the batter. Rotate Twinkie until batter covers entire cake.
7. Place carefully in hot oil. The Twinkie will float, so hold it under with a utensil to ensure even browning. It shou
at 12:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2010