How Do You Deep Fry Sweets???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 11:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Deep Fried Oreos
    2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
    1 large egg
    1 cup milk
    2 teaspoons vegetable oil
    1 cup pancake mix
    1 (18 ounce) package cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreo®)
    Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    Whisk together the egg, milk, and 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the pancake mix until no dry lumps remain. Dip the cookies into the batter one at a time, and carefully place into the hot frying oil. Fry only 4 or 5 at a time to avoid overcrowding the deep fryer. Cook until the cookies are golden-brown, about 2 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate before serving.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I dunno but seems like that would be taking and already unhealthy snack and changing it into a dangerously unhealthy snack! LOL Just my oppinion though. Although I recentky tried fried pickles and they are yummy which is y I will not try any other fried foods especially if they are already good w/o being fried. To addicting I think!
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 11:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• OK so i've never done this but what i've seen on TV is it depends on your batter then you have to hold the battered goodie into the oil for a bit the let it go all the way in if you just drop it in at the beginning it sinks to gthe bottom and burn and doesn't cook correctly. Good Luck, come back and tell us what you made how you did it and what you woukld do same/different next time.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Deep Fried Twinkie·
    6 Twinkies

· Popsicle sticks

· 4 cups vegetable oil

· Flour for dusting

· 1 cup milk

· 2 tablespoons vinegar

· 1 Tablespoon oil

· 1 cup flour

· 1 teaspoon baking powder

· 1/2 teaspoon salt

1. Chill or freeze Twinkies for several hours or overnight.
    2. Heat 4 cups vegetable oil in deep fryer to about 375 degrees.
    3. Mix together milk, vinegar and oil.
    4. In another bowl, blend flour, baking powder and salt.
    5. Whisk wet ingredients into dry and continue mixing until smooth. Refrigerate while oil heats.
    6. Push stick into Twinkie lengthwise, leaving about 2 inches to use as a handle, dust with flour and dip into the batter. Rotate Twinkie until batter covers entire cake.
    7. Place carefully in hot oil. The Twinkie will float, so hold it under with a utensil to ensure even browning. It shou
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• In a huge vat of oil....or a deep fryer...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• The fair got me on all this deep fried stuff. I'm gonna try it. lol
    mekarevell

Comment by mekarevell (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2010