How can I get him to use the potty?

My son just turned 3 years old and I am having such a difficult time potty training him I don't know what to do. I am so stressed out!

msday2010

Asked by msday2010 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The bare bottom method works for a lot of people. Take away the diapers and pull ups. Let the toddler go bottomless for a few days. Watch him. Take him to the potty every so often.

Yes,you will have to clean up the floor a few times. Don't make it a big deal.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:08 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I had AWESOME success using the 3 Day Method. There's a group on here for support, and an e-book available online. It worked for us in a day and a half!! It's for both days and nights. I would HIGHLY recommend it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• What i did was planned a day where i did not have to go anywhere so we where always by a toilet. I had the potty seat in the living room and if we went to the kitchen it went too. I had underwear on her and just watched for signs for when she had to go potty. Actually for a few days before i would kinda pay attention to the signs when i noticed her peeing or going poopoo....I was on her every 30 min "Do you have to potty like a big girl?" She never used pullups in the day just at night and only had 2 accidences(sorry spelt wrong tired) since and that was almost a year ago...I hope this helps and remember have patience and when they have an accident dont make it a bad thing thats how they will learn...God Bless
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 2:17 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Is he showing signs of wanting to use the potty? I did a lot of what Mrs.Norris did. My daughter will be four in a couple of weeks and we kept reinforcing what big girls do. She wanted to be a big girl, so she learned potty training. Then again, it was an 18-month process.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• thank you for all the suggestions everyone..
    msday2010

Comment by msday2010 (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2010