accupuncture

I found a doctor that doesnt charge too much for it,I read that its something the chinese depend on for their health and that it can help the body heal itself with proper diet and exercise of course but ya. So I'd like to hear from those that have tried it or know someone who did and if it helped them.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 11:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2010 in Health

• I tried it after a shoulder injury. I was a skeptic, but man was I amazed. While I had the needles in, I felt great. When the needles were taken out, my shoulder hurt again. It's very relaxing, but don't believe that the needles don't hurt. Most feel like a minor pinch, but the ones she put in my feet did hurt when she first put them in. After that, I didn't notice them at all.

She also put acupressure stickers in my ear, which made me really mellow. I was so calm that my hubby asked whether they could be permanently attached!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Why do it if the pain comes back after the needles are removed?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:29 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Ive had it for back pain and it wasn't bad at all. Felt great.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:53 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• From what I understand, if you think it will work, then it will work. It's as much mental as it is actual therapy. My bff tried it for a while and she said it worked for her.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would like to try it. My BIL and sister have and they said it has really helped them with various issues.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• it's not a one time shot. You're supposed to do it over several sessions-- it's a therapeutic measure, not an outright cure. I, unfortunately, was unable to go back for more. My shoulder strain did clear up on its own eventually, but it sure would have been nice to accelerate the healing process.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:47 AM on Nov. 17, 2010