Do Cafemom group owners and moderators get paid to be a group owner or moderator?

Someone was saying that some get a check and some get gift cards. Is that true or is it only for certain groups?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in About CafeMom

• i think its only certain groups cause im a group owner and admin and i've never gotten that... it would be nice though lol
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Oh heavens no. Cafemom has an influencer program - THAT is where random people recieve various items - usually when you recieve something you have to join a special group and make a certain number of posts reviewing various things for that item. Sometimes groups owners are chosen, sometimes mods, sometimes members - it's totally random.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Group owners do not get paid to be group owners. Moderators are only in CafeMom owned groups and they can earn gift cards. They have mod contests where they have to get so many replies or page views and can compete for GC or earn them as a team. These would be the same groups where there is usually a contest of some kind running for all members. Most of these groups are doing a birthday thing right now for members.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 1:55 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• So at least one person is lying then in this post.  Why would they say they get a check if they don't?  That's weird.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I own four groups and admin one and I definately have never been paid for my hard work.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Um, no. I don't get paid to own or admin groups.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2010

• Moderators are given gift cards (or something) to moderate certain CM groups.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:07 PM on Nov. 9, 2010