I'm Confused... adult content

So I am having a lot of pregnancy symptoms like fatigue, nausea, I have cramping in my abdomen, sore breasts, dizziness, and some mood swings, but I got my period on the 31st which was supposed to come between the 23rd and the 27th and I only got it for 3 days which lasts usually for 5 days. It wansn't heavy but it wasnt light either. I took a hpt and it was negative. Has anyone gone thru this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• No, I personally haven't. You can have lighter periods or even have periods for months after you're pregnant. Most women miss their period, but there are some women that continue to have it for a few months. It may take awhile too for the pregnancy test to show up as positive because the hormone that tests positive for pregnancy needs to be at a certain level for it to come as a positive test. I would wait about another week and take another one just be sure. Meanwhile, watch out for your symptoms and see how your blood flow is and how many days you're on it.
    britthoch2010

Answer by britthoch2010 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I haven't gone through it, but wait a week or two and test again. If you're still having the same symptoms after waiting a couple weeks, go to the doctor to get a blood test done. If you've recently quit birth control or anything like that, it can cause your hormones to go out of wack. Also if you've taken any medications, sometimes the side effects can mess with your 'aunt flo'.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:12 AM on Nov. 7, 2010

• This has happened to me. I was obsessing over trying to conceive this summer and it seemed like EVERY single month I was having pregnancy symptoms. It was such an emotional roller coaster. Like others have said, you can still have your period and be pregnant so if you really have the woman's intuition that you are, get a blood test from your doctor. Or just keep taking hpts...some of them are more sensitive than others.
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• Thank You Everyone..
    msday2010

Answer by msday2010 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• yeah i had my period for 3 mos with my 2nd son. His dad said i think you need to go to the doctor because youre preg and i was like no i 'm not. my cycle came each month but when i went to my doctor he said i was 12 wks and some days so it is possible to be preggo and still get your period. be blessed.
    Tylee7

Answer by Tylee7 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2010